- Invisible switch plate covers from Forbes and Lomax via Tobi Fairley. I’m sure these are ungodly expensive for a simple utilitarian object that probably gets no thought on a day to day basis, but oh, what a difference they would make. I have a slight obsession with the idea that hardware speaks volume about a home, which also means I really really hate our cheap brass doorknobs.
- How to take the ick out of image sourcing for your blog by Mayi Carles. After reading this post, I decided that all photos I use, which aren’t my own, will link directly back to where they are from in addition to being credited in the post.
- Win a clutch from Ellington Handbags on Kendi Everyday. You have until tomorrow to enter. I chose red.
- I want to make these string planters as seen on Design*Sponge and also convert our hideous entry light into a terrarium.
- Heidi Swanson’s new cookbook Supernatural Everyday hit stores this week. I popped into Barnes & Noble briefly yesterday and had a chance to check it out in person. It’s a really beautiful book, full of healthy whole food, and is officially on my cookbook wish list. Design*Sponge is giving away five copies.
- Loving this gorgeous makeover of a Victorian home in Chicago that was featured on Material Girls. I really appreciate when a designer can successfully merge a historic home with modern furnishings. The art in this place is amazing, but my favorite element is the staircase.
- My favorite coffee drink is the dirty Chai – a shot of espresso added to hot Chai tea, which I find too sweet and lacking in caffeine on its own. I think these Raw Hazlenut and Chai Brownies could be equally delicious.
- Chicken Salad ala Queen via Life as a Plate. I made a very similar version on Wednesday and I made my own mayo. Oh my gosh, homemade mayo is nothing at all like store bought. If you like mayo and are at all into eating non-processed, real, whole food, I challenge you to make the switch. Reading the label on the mayo jar turned my stomach, and I will never go back. I did use half olive oil and half safflower oil in my mayo, and it tasted too much like the olive oil for me on its own. In the chicken salad, it was absolutely rich and delicious.
- Two steak recipes via Balanced Bites. This post has me craving fresh guacamole.
Hope you’re having a great week-end! It is over was over 80 degrees here today and absolutely beautiful. I took the doggies for a nice walk after hitting the gym, spent an hour walking through Valley Junction just enjoying the weather, and finished tagging all of my jewelry for my little table at Ladies Night down at Ted Lare’s Garden Center on Thursday night. If you’re local (and a lady), you should definitely stop down. It’s always so much fun, and the garden center is looking absolutely beautiful this year.