“This is like a second full-time job.”
My client couldn’t have said it better. We were about two-thirds of the way through the construction process for their new custom home and standing around in the freezing cold at yet another site meeting. It was after 5:00, getting dark, and they still had to pick up their kids and fix dinner after a long day at the office.
Yes, building a new home can be like holding down a second full-time job, but it doesn’t have to be. When you hire me to help you through the process of designing, planning, and constructing your new home, you can relax knowing that all of the little details will be considered and handled. You can be involved as little or as much as you want, but my advice is to sit back and let me do what I do best.
There’s a reason that practicing interior design and running an interior design business necessitates an intense amount of education and a ton of experience. It’s hard work and requires an incredible amount of organization, coordination, and attention to detail.
How do you know if you should hire me to help you design your new construction home?
- You already have a job and don’t want another one.
- The thought of choosing the perfect one tile for your backsplash (and master bath floor, and shower, and guest bathroom, and powder room, etc etc, you get it) from hundreds of options makes you slightly queasy. Now repeat that thought for the shingles on your roof, the hardware on your cabinets, and so on.
- You aren’t confident in coordinating different colors together.
- You kind of know what you like when you see it but can’t articulate exactly what it is.
- You don’t want a house that looks like everyone else’s or anyone else’s but aren’t sure how to go about getting there.
- You don’t want to waste time or money on costly do-overs and mistakes.
- You’re willing to trust in my process and my ability to help you establish a vision and bring it life.
- You have limited time and need the design and construction process to be as efficient as possible.
If you resonated with any or all of the above statements (but especially those last three), I would love to meet with you to discuss designing your new home build. I primarily serve the Des Moines metro area but can work with clients anywhere. I want to help my clients plan and build right-size houses – homes that aren’t too big or too small – for how they really live, infused with the architectural detailing and character that makes a house feel like a home.
I have designed flexible packages for how we can partner together on your new home. If you’d like to learn more, let’s set up a time to talk.