Our standalone Design and Decor Consultation lasts up to 90 minutes and requires an upfront payment of $250 plus Iowa State Sales Tax. This consultation is for local Des Moines and Central Iowa residents. If you live more than 20 miles from our zip code 50266, we kindly ask that you select the Out of Town option when booking your consultation.
A Design and Decor Consultation is perfect for you if:
You are thinking about starting a major renovation and need advice on how to get to get started.
You love decorating and designing your home on your own but want to get a designer’s input.
You are struggling with how to arrange your furniture properly or are thinking about purchasing new furniture.
You want to freshen up your kitchen or bathroom and need advice on selecting finishes.
You need advice on how to update and improve your home for resale.
What We Can Do During Your Consult
- Take some overall dimensions and create a quick floor plan of a single room.
- Give advice on rearranging the furniture you have and make recommendations for additional or different furniture pieces.
- Make general suggestions for paint colors and provide options.
- Give advice on finish samples like tile, countertops, and flooring that you’ve gathered in advance.
These are just some examples. We can use the 90 minutes of your consult to address any design questions or issues you have. If the project requires an additional time investment, we can give you advice on how to move forward.
How to Get the Most out of Your Design Consultation
- Complete our new client questionnaire, which we email to you when you schedule your consultation.
- Make a list of questions that you want to address in advance.
- Gather inspiration images from magazines or online.
- Think carefully about how much you want to invest in improvements and decor.