Even though the temperature is barely above freezing and we got a fresh dusting of snow last night, it’s not too early to start planning improvements to your home this Spring and Summer. I should know – I’m married to a landscape architect! And as an interior designer who specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodels, I can tell you that the best time to start planning your remodel is as early in the year as possible, especially if you want it completed by the holidays.
So, I am very excited to have the opportunity to giveaway two sets of two tickets to the Des Moines Home & Garden Show 2018. This show is the perfect place to gather inspiration and meet the vendors and tradespeople who can make your home improvement dreams come true.
The Feature Garden
Thousands of experts will be on hand at the 40th annual Des Moines Home + Garden Show. Central Iowa’s largest home and garden show runs Friday, February 8 through Sunday, February 11 at the Iowa Events Center. Homeowners will be able to gather resources to complete their projects, whether they’re renovating their homes or revamping their gardens and outdoor spaces.
This year, the event is showcasing more than 400 exhibitors, feature gardens, local and national celebrities. Celebrity guests include Matt Muenster from the DIY Network’s Bath Crashers and Tyler Wisler from HGTV’s Design Star.
Features & Attractions
- Daily presentations at The Inspiration Stage
- A design challenge for a cause! Local celebrities will take old mailboxes and turn them into masterpieces for You Got Mail! Visitors will have the chance to participate in a silent auction to receive a designed mailbox. All proceeds will go to the Special Olympics.
- The Wine Village will be offering samples from Iowa wineries.
- The most requested feature of the show, the Feature Gardens are sure to provide inspiration just in time for spring. Check out new landscaping styles, an eclectic and wide variety of plants, tips for functionality and an abundance of gardening ideas from local landscapers!
- The Garden Market features products for all garden enthusiasts, including benches, statues and garden art.
- The Annual Plant Sale takes place on Sunday, February 11, with great bargains from the landscapers!
- To show our appreciation to all past and present law enforcement officers, firefighters and military personnel, they will receive free admission to the show on Friday, February 9 which is recognized as Hero Day.
- Shop and peruse the garden décor, containers, fairy garden items, Bonsai and more at STAM Greenhouse!
It’s super easy to enter. Just use the form below. Winners will be announced here on the blog and on my Facebook page on Sunday, January 28th.